Reports to Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for sales to a /wide range of clients including Colleges and Universities, Pharmaceuticals, Bio Tech firms and in some cases, General Contractors. It is a commissioned position, with an earned draw paid bi-weekly and commissions paid quarterly based on profitability of a project. This positon will cover an assigned territory.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with Owners, Capital Projects and Facilities personnel for laboratory furniture and equipment purchases
- Responsible for achieving assigned sales, profit and revenue goals and objectives.
- Client networking through customer meetings, industry events & participation local construction affiliations.
- Must be able to utilize market data, trends and forecasting to qualify project leads.
- Perform formal Sales presentations to clients.
- Assess project risks, logistics, contract documents, vendor, subcontractor and competitors to build overall sales strategy.
- Responsible for assisting with design, specifications and product selection on a project by project basis.
- Develop, support and maintain architectural and lab planner relationships for specific projects or clients.
- Work with ISEC’s in house estimators and engineering department to project completion.
- Facilitate bid proposals and document controls throughout sales life cycle and provide proper turnover to estimating and operations.
- Prepare and finalize bid proposals to clients.
- Negotiate ISEC’s project Terms and Conditions into final contract.
- Provide pre-construction architectural assistance and budget support to clients.
- Perform all necessary project follow-up, status tracking, closure and price recaps.
- May perform other duties as required or directed.
- Travel as required.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor degree In Construction Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- Three to five years of Laboratory Sales or related Sales position.
- Have established owner contacts in similar field.
- Excellent skills negotiating, relationship building and closing capital purchase sales.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years work experience in the construction industry or 3 years of ISEC experience
- Ability to represent a large product line
- Strong technical product skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Bluebeam and PowerPoint.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as a team member
Unsolicited resumes will not be considered. You must include the job number and title (301-68-17 SALES) of the position that you are applying for in the subject line and cover letter.
Established in 1967, ISEC, Inc. is a leading national prime trades contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork are the cornerstone of our business. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving general trades, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment. This diverse capability allows us to participate in a variety of complex commercial trade packages.
A $300 million a year business, we are an employee-owned company. Headquartered in Greenwood Village, CO, we have regional offices near Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Phoenix and DC; as well as in San Diego, LA, Houston, San Antonio and Tampa. With close to 1,000 construction professionals and craftsmen, we are a great place to grow your career.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Veterans and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our website: www.isecinc.com