ISEC is seeking a Purchasing Agent (PA) to work out of our Mesa, AZ office.
Do you enjoy reading blueprints, interpreting fine details of an estimate and revealing the risk and potential rewards? Can you establish relationships with suppliers and aggressively negotiate pricing while staying within budget of the project? Feel comfortable communicating with people at all levels within the organization? If so, read on.
The successful candidate will:
- Identify and procure ISEC scopes of work (i.e. architectural millwork, ornamental metals, and more)
- Pinpoint all material, labor, general conditions, and contingencies on the preliminary job cost and in the purchasing agreements
- Efficiently meet the demands of the project schedule and strive to beat budgeted costs
- Lead update meetings, presenting findings clearly and concisely
- Accurately cover risk and capitalize on opportunities in submittals
- Other unplanned activities as needed
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review specifications and architectural drawings to confirm scope of work, including material and labor requirements
- Request quotes, analyze pricing and compliance, prepare contracts and process the required documentation
- Work directly with estimators, CAD Technicians and Project Managers
- Interview vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Estimates values according to market price
- Prepares purchase orders and subcontracts
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, or inventories
- Prepares engineering instructions for shop drawing process
- Clearly communicates schedules, risks, vendor conditions in the debriefing to the operations team.
- May perform other tasks as required or directed
Preferred Qualifications: (in addition to minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management or equivalent
- Two to five years’ experience in the construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma and at least one to two years’ experience with ISEC or similar environment
- Innovative/Critical thinker with strong numeric ability and reasoning
- Detailed, organized, able to manage time and priorities to assist with multiple projects and comfortable with a fast paced schedule
- Practical knowledge of construction methods and application of principles
- Ability to read blueprints
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Able to work in a professional environment, working both with internal and external customers
Unsolicited resumes will not be considered. You must include the job number and title (201.63.16 PA) of the position that you are applying for in the subject line and cover letter.
Established in 1967, ISEC, Inc. is a leading national prime trades contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork are the cornerstone of our business. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving general trades, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment. This diverse capability allows us to participate in a variety of complex commercial trade packages.
A $300 million a year business, we are an employee-owned company. Headquartered in Englewood, CO, we have regional offices near Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Phoenix and DC; as well as in San Diego, LA, Houston, San Antonio and Tampa. With close to 1,100 construction professionals and craftsmen, we are a great place to grow your career.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Veterans and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our website: www.isecinc.com.