REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
The Project Manager will provide overall management direction to single or multiple projects, establish project objectives and policies, maintain liaison with prime client contracts, and monitor construction and financial activities through administrative direction of on-site construction manager. In addition, the Project Manager will establish and review priorities for the Project Engineer. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for completing each project on time, within budget, and satisfying the customer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze projects to determine scope, schedule requirements, and coordinate with Purchasing and Installation on priorities to effectively bring project within budget and on schedule.
- Attend Purchasing update meetings for new projects and assist the Purchasing Department as necessary. Pursue to resolution all Vendor Contracts, Bond and Insurance Certificates.
- Expedite, review, and provide “Quality Control” on shop drawings and submittals.
- Effectively analyze projects to:
- Estimate overruns and/or under-runs and omissions related to the Job Cost.
- Verify field dimensions, backing locations and mechanical/electrical rough-ins.
- Timely release of approved materials to suppliers and manufacturers.
- Expedite material deliveries and shortages.
- Verify job readiness and coordinate installation of materials to allow installation to progress in an orderly and timely fashion. The Project Manager will have a positive or negative effect on the profitability of the installation.
- Review, code, and return invoices to Accounting.
- Initiate and respond to daily correspondence, customers, suppliers and Corporate Office.
- Issue Field Coordination Reports to customers when necessary.
- Update as necessary ISEC Project Control/Document Control System including: (Copy OM on all significant changes.)
- Proposal Log
- Request for Information Log
- Serial Letter Log
- Submittal Log
- Material Status Report
- Things to Do List
- Outstanding Issues
- Document Control Log
- Field Coordination Report Log
- Shortage and Breakage Log
- Coordinate with in-house Trucking Department regarding long-haul deliveries. Maximize capability for grouped job shipments to reduce hauling costs.
- Review, issue and update Installation Manpower Schedules and Sequence of Operations within the first 60 days.
- Coordinate with Installation in completing the last 1% of the job and all punch lists, submit guarantees, warranties and owners’ manuals as required.
- Prepare, submit, obtain approval, verify and track billings until payment is received. Effectively make progress payment requests to eliminate underbilling to the extent possible on a monthly basis. First billing within 60 days of order Entry Date.
- Monitor the progress of the assigned projects via the Project/Document Control System, correspondence, job cost reports, progress billings, and field reports and keep Operations Manager informed of unresolved problems. Provide monthly input to Operations Manager for Projects at Risk Report.
- Price and process change order proposals and coordinate with Estimating Department when required. Change order proposals are to be reviewed with Operations Manager.
- Maintain job costs and update monthly with Operations Manager.
- Set up cost projections on a detailed (broken down by Job Cost Line) spreadsheet for all projects managed and updated monthly.
- Read, understand and follow master operating agreements with all vendors and Kewaunee Dealer Agreement. Process Request for Direction as needed.
- Participate with other Division personnel in establishing and setting and attaining goals for the Division to develop new methods, techniques, systems and ideas to improve the performance of the Company.
- Promote ISEC and maintain a good working relationship with:
- Suppliers and manufacturers
- General contractors, owners and architects
- Company personnel
- Sign all vendor contracts and change orders to the levels outlined by the Board of Directors Resolution.
- Make all decisions relative to the projects assigned except those specifically reserved by the Operations Manager as defined on each project.
- Prepare, update and issue Cost to Complete Reports on a weekly basis.
Manage and implement ISEC Safety requirements:
- Promote a positive atmosphere for safety excellence committed to the Safety Promise.
- Coach employees who need improvement and assign work to only those employees trained and qualified to perform the task.
- Ensure all recognized safety deficiencies are promptly corrected.
- Report all injuries and incidents to Managers and Safety Department.
- Planning and coordinating deliveries to the job following safe and best practices.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum qualifications)
- Bachelors Degree with a major in Construction Management
- At least 2 years time-in-grade as a Project Engineer
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or the equivalent combination of education and related construction experience
- High School Diploma and plus 5 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Computer literacy
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
Established in 1967, ISEC, Inc. is a leading national prime trades contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork are the cornerstone of our business. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving general trades, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment. This diverse capability allows us to participate in a variety of complex commercial trade packages.
A $300 million a year business, we are an employee-owned company. Headquartered in Greenwood Village, CO, we have regional offices near Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Phoenix and DC; as well as in San Diego, LA, Houston, San Antonio and Tampa. With close to 1,200 construction professionals and craftsmen, we are a great place to grow your career.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, & Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our website: www.isecinc.com